The Conference coverage will be (but not restricted to) the following topics:
- New advanced sheet materials
- Anisotropy and crystallographic texture
- Tool/die materials.
- Material characterisation: formability, wear, friction, tribology.
- Heat treatment
- Ultrafine grained sheet metal
- Low cost forming alternatives.
- Design for high strength / weight ratio
- Intelligent Forming.
- Separating processes (shearing, blanking trimming cutting etc.).
- Hot stamping.
- Sheet & Tube Hydroforming
- Tailor welded blanks/tubes
- High production rate processes – Roll forming, Laser cutting/welding, slide forming
- High energy rate forming processes – Electromagnetic forming/joining, Explosive forming/welding
- Superplastic forming
- Warm forming
- Forming of light weight materials.
- Processing sheet metal at different scales
- Assembly of sheet metal parts
- GD&T for sheet metal parts
3. NUMERICAL MODELLING AND SIMULATION
- Analytical tools for quality improvement
- Yield criteria
- Failure criteria
- Numerical techniques
- Microstructural simulation
4. FORMING EQUIPMENTS
- Forming Line design and optimisation
- Developments in transfer presses and tools
- Forming equipment and accessories
- Improvements in productivity and accuracy
- Instrumented equipment for closed loop control